A Guideline for Journalists: promoting victim-based journalistic reporting for trafficking in persons cases
IOM Indonesia has developed a guideline to support journalists and media professionals in investigating and reporting on TIP cases. In particular, how to portray victims of trafficking while upholding journalistic ethics and victim protection principles.
The guide has been developed primarily for journalists operating in Indonesia, however, the principles and concepts are relevant for the whole ASEAN region.
- provides general information on how TIP issues are captured in the media
- introduces the definition of TIP in international and national legal frameworks
- provides an overview on the TIP situation in Indonesia
- practical guidelines on how to report TIP and victims of trafficking
- examples of storytelling angles and reports